Friday, September 5, 2008

Change in Plans

The Edmonton trip is off. Well, for me anyways.

Gio woke me up at 4:30 this morning having another seizure. A grand mal lasting about 3 minutes. It's just after 8am now and he hasn't settled down yet. Still pacing and restless, but at least now he is responding to my voice and recognizes his name. It took him about an hour and a half until he would lay down and sleep. He slept for about an hour and then woke up at about 7am. Since then he has just been pacing. He should settle for another sleep in a while again, then maybe I can catch a nap as well.

I'll have to bump up his medication again. His last seizure was about a month ago, and I increased his meds at that time. In the past, higher doses of KBr gave him digestive problems, so when I noticed some diarrhea after the recent increase I dropped the dose down a bit again. I'll put it back up now and cross my fingers for no digestive problems. I guess our next course of action will be going to Phenobarbital in addition to KBr. He is booked in for some bloodwork next Tuesday anyways, so I will discuss options with the vet at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment