Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New House Update

I thought I should probably update everyone on the unpacking situation. It's coming along quite well, actually! Almost everything is put away, and nearly all the blinds are hung up. Here are a few pictures of that place that are somewhat more presentable than the last ones.



Okay, so maybe the dog room/office isn't QUITE presentable yet. But I think it is a vast improvement over its previous state!

The boys are fitting in quite well. Romeo has already figured out where the door to the fabulous outdoors is. He's an idiot when it comes to being outside. He would live outside 24/7 if I let him. The mere mention of "You gotta go outside?" sends him into spinning jumping Sheltie circles! For the first day or so, he spun himself towards the front door, now he has figured out that he needs to spin himself down the hallway to the back door. They love it out there! And lucky for me, they show no desire to go wandering off. The yard is fenced on three sides, but the front opens up to the driveway. Once the ground thaws, I plan on fencing off the front as well. But for now, the large snow drift is serving as a barrier. Of course, I still stand in the doorway while they do their business to make sure they don't get the urge to run out front and check things out. But so far they haven't even tried. I'm going to borrow some snow fence from our flyball team (we use it to divide lanes or areas when dealing with distractable dogs) and fence off the front area so I can at least close the door when they go outside. It's getting a little chilly standing there in my pyjamas, and I'm sure the neighbors don't appreciate it!


The boys have also been systematically pulling all of their toys out of the duffel bag they were packed in.

Gio's system ... Stick your head in, grab whatever is on top, then run around the house squeaking/shaking/tossing the toy.

Romeo's system ... Crawl right into the bag, dig around until you find the specific toy you are after, then run around the house squeaking and shaking it around.

And, of course, lots of time to cuddle and relax when I eventually collapse on the couch at the end of the day.
We are off to rally-o drop in tonight, and then I'm back at work tomorrow. I think we will all appreciate a return to semi-normality!

No comments:

Post a Comment