Friday, November 21, 2008

PetLand and Puppy Mills

As if we didn't already know that the Yorkipoos, Puggles and any assortment of other dogs sold at PetLand stores across Canada and the USA are from puppy mills. Well, now there is proof.

I have received a large number of e-mails with links to the articles and investigation reports over the past couple of days. Instead of passing them on to my e-mail list, I thought I would post it here. My site is getting upwards of 75 hits per day, so what better way to get the word out! I don't have that many people on my e-mail list.

Here are the links to the various articles that I have received:

MSNBC: Investigation Ties Pet Chain to Puppy Mills

HSUS Video

So what can we do?

I decided long ago to never shop at a store that sells puppies. So I've never spent a cent at PetLand, myself. I think that is a decent start. If we don't shop there, we don't support their mistreatment of dogs. Spread the word, encourage others to find different more humane stores to spend their money at.

If you prefer the large chain stores, then consider PetSmart. They do not sell dogs, rather they partner with local SPCAs and provide visibility for adoptable dogs in the shelters. Better yet, support your small local businesses! If you are in Saskatoon, I strongly recommend Critter's or Early's.

No comments:

Post a Comment