Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mmmm Ice Cream

I had to run out quickly this evening to scope out the facility that we are visiting on Tuesday for a therapy dog demo event. I threw the dogs in the back of the car for the ride, and while we were on our way home (after driving aimlessly for quite a while, only to discover that we had passed the facility a number of times, it just didn't have a sign out front) we passed Dairy Queen, and the boys BEGGED and PLEADED for some ice cream. Well, they are such good boys, they deserved a treat, so through the drive-thru we went. I ordered a Blizzard for myself (mmm Skor), and a small dish of plain ice cream for the boys. The lady at the window ooh-ed and aah-ed over the "cute puppies" with their faces pressed eagerly against the back window (yeah, they know that goodness comes from the magical lady in the wall), and she asked if they wanted a cookie. I admitted that the bowl of ice cream was for them, so they didn't need a cookie. But when she handed me their little dish of ice cream, lo and behold, she had stuck two dog cookies on top! Too cute!


At home, I divied up the ice cream and cookies and the boys went to town!



Yum Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment